If you are living in the community with a mental health issue and find it difficult to get your views heard, advocacy can help you communicate more effectively with professionals and help to prepare for and attend meetings, such as:
- Appointments with your Consultant, GP or Social Worker.
- Meetings with your Support Provider.
- Social Work Review meetings.
- Care Programme Approach meetings (CPA)
- Mental Health Tribunals.
- Adult Support and Protection Case Conferences (ASP)
- Guardianship applications and reviews
- Child Protection Case Conferences.
- Children’s Hearings.